photo scanning, slide scanning, how to scan photos 30 Minute Photos Etc. Photo Lab, 30 Minute Photos Etc. ScanMyPhotos.com, Irvine photo, Kodak APEX, kodak kiosks, MAKE SOMETHING KODAK, Orange Counyt photo lab
Since 1990, we’ve been making news, mostly about our entrepreneurial innovations to help consumers take and save their photos. Many of the new tech trends you will be reading about at the 2009 Consumer Electronic Show (CES) this week in Las Vegas begins at the micro level, forged from ideas by entrepreneurs and their creative ways to bring new products to market. For us, it was high speed and affordable photo scanning and Kodak Picture Kiosk DIY solutions. Click here for more info on ScanMyPhotos.co and its parent company, 30 Minute Photos Etc., based in Orange County, Calif.
Here is a sampling of news and blog postings profiling ScanMyPhotos.com
- Nostalgia, What’s Old is New Again at CES, Says ScanMyPhotos.com – Market Watch
- ScanMyPhotos.com: As Seen on KPIX-TV CBS 5 Eyewitness News – What a great way to begin the new year, helping preserve millions of additional family photo memories. On January 1st, KPIX-TV (San Francisco, Oakland, San Jose), the CBS Eyewitness News affiliate, profiled ScanMyPhotos.com as part Sue Kwon’s ConsumerWatch Report.
- How to Participate in The National Photo Preservation Month
- GM, Ford and Chrysler Sales Could Skyrocket Says Entrepreneur, Mitch Goldstone, President & CEO of ScanMyPhotos.com – Market Watch
- Stand Out: Power of Reinvention Keeps This Biz Owner Afloat – Smart Money Magazine
- ScanMyPhotos.com featured in Laptop Magazine’s Gadget Guide 2008 – Laptop Magazine
- When 9 Cents Makes a Memorable Gift – NY Times
- Letters: Adapt to new economic climate – OC Register
- ScanMyPhotos.com CEO, Mitch Goldstone to Address InfoTrends‘ Digital Imaging Conference
- Goldstone’s Las Vegas Photo Industry Presentation, August 2008
- The Power of PR – PMAI Magazine
- Your Photos, Off the Shelf at Last – NY Times
- When Analog Meets Digital, Profits Follow: Mitch Goldstone And ScanMyPhotos.com – The Photo Reporter
- Write up in Popular Photography
- A Lifetime of Photos on a Single Disc – The Wall Street Journal
- Two Minutes to Prepare 10,000 Photos for Scanning with Kodak Technology at Scanmyphotos.com – Yahoo! News
- Scanmyphotos.com Sponsors “Great American Photo Scanning Project” – Announces Artistry of Genealogy Award Website Winners
- 2008 Artistry of Genealogy Awards Announced by the Photo Preservation Center – Yahoo! Fianance
- Digital Technology Perserves Movies, Photos, Music Local Search Success at Photo Site
- Tips for Keeping Your House in Order – Mercury News
- Analog is Dead: Why All Photo Snapshots Mst Be Digitized in 2008, Explains ScanMyPhotos.com
- Protecting Precious Memories and Data from a Fire – CBS News
- CES: “Spotlight on Imaging” Conference
- ScanMyPhotos.com CEO Mitch Goldstone to Speak at the Consumer Electronics Show
- Great Gift Ideas Booming – Chicago Sun Times
- First Film, Now 4×6 Photo Snapshots are Fading Away, Reports Photo Industry Expert
- During the Writers Guild of America and Theatrical Stage Employees’ Walkout, Watch
- Super-fast and Inexpensive Tips on How to Save Photographs on Computers – Yahoo! News
- Speeding Up the Scanning Process – Family Tree Magazine (pdf)
- How to Digitize your Life – USA Today
- Remember 9-11-01, Fly the Flag
- ScanMyPhotos.com CEO Mitch Goldstone to Speak at OSTA Optical Storage Symposium – OC Register
- Where Have All Your Digital Files Gone?!
- ScanMyPhotos.com’s Image Raised by USPS Flat-rate Box – DM News
- Three Million Pictures Scanned and Fifty-Thousand USPS Co-branded Boxes Ordered by ScanMyPhotos.com – Yahoo! News
- The Record of Your Life as a Digital Archive – The New York Times
- From Film to Digital to…..Cookies? – Popular Photography
- Sweet Images Ltd and ScanMyPhotos.com Create Recipe to ‘Sweeten Your Memories’
Made in Irvine: Photo Discs – OC Register
- Generations of Family Photos are Going Digital Super-fast at ScanMyPhotos.com – Yahoo! News
- Page from Reader Digest (JPEG)
- Article from Women’s Health Magazine (PDF)
- Microtech, Kodak and ScanMyPhotos.com Work Together to Preserve Our Most Valuable Resources – Memories
- Your Photos Say More Than You Think – Popular Photography
- Labs see conversion of photos to digital images as a way back to profit – USA Today
- Shoebox scanning services featured in the Wall Street Journal
- ScanMyPhotos.com Launches; Offers One Price Batch Photo Scanning
- 30 Minute Photos Etc. Launches ScanMyPhotos.com for Effortless and One Price Photo Scanning
- Gadgetress Video Blog
- 30 Minute Photos Etc. Kodak ProLab Premium Member
- 30 Minute Makeover, Retailer 30 Minute Photos Etc. debuts new look, services (PDF)
- NBC News Video on Scrapbooking Software
- Photo retailers benefit from ‘Starbucks effect’
- High-speed photo profits
- Photos scanned superfast – OC Register
- Super photo scanners DO exist! – OC Register
- Digital Scrapbooking; Help For Women Who Love to Shop (Really!) – Newsweek’s Steven Levy
- Scanning made cheap and easy – Got Prints? – Popular Photography
- Photo Industry’s Transitions from Film to Digital is Nearly Complete, Reports Photo Industry Executive – Yahoo! News
- 30 Minute Photos takes ‘Starbucks approach’ to photo kiosks
- New Kodak technology will know what you are looking for in hunt for old pictures – Rochester Democrat and Chronicle
- Cool Kodak Technology – Rochester Democrat and Chronicle
- 30 Minute Photos Etc. to offer photo scanning services at Irvine Family Fun Fair
- Retailer Spotlight: 30 Minute Photos Etc. Entrepreneurial Spirit Promotes His Business and the Industry 24/7
- Shoeboxes full of photos give way to CDs – Irvine World News
- Business Model Changed? How to communicate your new direction to customers. – OC Metro
- Prioritizing the Myriad Challenges, Problems, and Diversions (pdf)
- New technology is but a click away – OC Family
- Photo Opportunities – Chicago Tribune
- Divorce: Deciding Who Keeps the Pictures is Easy and Inexpensive with Scanmyphotos.com – Yahoo! News
- ScanMyPhotos.com Archives Generations of Family Photos In Minutes – Yahoo! News
- 30 Minute Photos Etc. scans hundreds of prints in seconds
- Kodak Will Overshadow Apple’s iPod and Nano, Combined – Yahoo! News
- Mitch Goldstone Leads a Rebellion – USC Marshall
- Kodak May See Bigger Changes – Rochester Democrat and Chronicle
- FedEx competing with small businesses – San Francisco Chronicle
- Blow-up: Snapshots made to poster-size prints are becoming more popular – The New York Times
- e-tailing: What’s your Story
- e-tailing On the Campaign Trail
- 30minphotos.com, First National Online Photo Service to Launch Round-the-clock WebServices Facility
- Taking a Note from the Music Industry
- Creating the Complete Retail Experience
- Athens Olympic Games to Get Support from U.S. Business Leaders
- Photography Companies Try a New Approach – The New York Times
- The Kiosk Continuum
- 15 Steps to Reinvent Your Business
- Advice to Help Kodak Compete in the New World of Digital Photography – The New York Times
- E-tailing, Are you ready?
- Defining Longevity – OC Metro
- Back In Focus – OC Metro
- Kodak’s Critical Moment
- Digital outpacing film, says Chicago Tribune article
- Ultimate `Kodak Moment’ to Occur From Athens Summer Games in 2004
Kodak and the Teacup Index– The Motley Fool
- Going Digital? – OC Register
- Seek Help vs. DIY Printing – OC Register
- Photo Shops Find the Bright Side of Digital Technology – The New York Times
- Kodak’s Digital Dilemma
- Digital makes memories easier to capture and share–but harder to hold on to
Fly with Courage: An Act of Patriotism – CNet News
- Kodak Among Country’s Best Corporate Citizens
Read some external reviews of our service
- Show the Love Blog – Jen Pleasants
- Jill’s “College Candy,” University of Wisconsin blog
- Blonde Lawyer
- “Have someone else digitize your old photos” – Unclutterer.com
- Click. The Good News Blog
- Syncing up with Reality
- This Is My Life. I Will Embrace It. (Phillips Family Blog)
- Apple Doesn’t Fall Far From the Tree 2 Blog
- Wall Street Journal Blog
- Popular Photography Blog
- Bob’s Rants
Take Great Pictures.com offers you Photo Tips and Techniques from Master Photographers, the latest news on new products, events, and artists, photo contests, reviews of photography books for your coffee table, columns on digital photography, taking a digital picture, scrapbooking, a calendar of photogenic events and destinations throughout the world, a place to share your own images with others, and helps you in taking great pictures. Brought to you by the PhotoImaging Information Council, Take Great Pictures aims to inspire, inform, and educate those with an interest of photography regardless of picture taking skill level.
Columns from TakeGreatPictures.com
- Master Photographers Tell You How
- Celebrities Who Shoot
- TGP Choice
- Digital Photography
- News on People, Products & Special Events
- Digital Camera Information
- Family Photo Projects
- World Photo
- Photo Tips & Techniques
- Everyday People
- Calendar of Events
- Photo Book Reviews
- Top 10 Events & Destinations
- Most Popular Articles
- Rock ‘N Roll Photo of the Month
- Compare Cameras
- Find a Photo Lab
- Find a Framer
- Find a Camera Repair Shop
- TGP Forum
- Regional Contributors
- Recent Press
- About PIC
[source: TakeGreatPictures.com; PhotoImaging Information Council]———————————-
Get better, brighter pictures automatically when you use the KODAK Picture Kiosk. This exclusive Kodak technology examines every picture as you preview your prints. We automatically enhance your pictures to deliver exceptional Kodak quality—every time you print. Make prints with:
- Fewer dark shadows
- More vibrant colors – enhances bright, bold colors while keeping skin tones true to life
- Richer detail
- Red-eye detection – can automatically correct about 80% of red eye problems
Over 92% of consumers recommend prints from our Kodak kiosks to their friends and family.*
Everyone loves to share their pictures. But not everyone is as careful with your prints as you are. You want to protect them for years to come. Don’t worry! Prints from the KODAK Picture Kiosk are coated with KODAK XTRALIFE™ lamination to be especially durable. Real KODAK pictures with XTRALIFE™ lamination are waterproof. We just wiped the water off—no damage to the quality of the picture. Prints from the KODAK Picture Kiosk are also wipeable. So fingerprints, smudges, liquids, and even mustard will wipe right off.
Get real KODAK Pictures right from your phone. Real fast. Got a great shot on your phone that you want to turn into a great print? It’s quick and easy. Walk right up to the kiosk. Beam your favorite pictures right to the screen using Bluetooth technology, and the kiosk does the rest. In just seconds you can turn those temporary, candid snapshots into real KODAK Pictures. Everyone will want one.
Due to the changing size of images that phones and other mobile devices can capture and transmit, making prints can be a challenge. KODAK Kiosks will notify you if the resolution of your phone image is not sufficient for the print size you select—and recommend options for KODAK Quality Prints.
Zoom & Crop
Zoom in on the important details in your picture. Crop out unwanted backgrounds. Or, use these simple tools in creative ways to highlight something special in your picture. Just touch the screen to get the result you want.
It’s the most common problem with photos that people want to fix. We’ve made it so easy to remove red eye. Just touch the screen to highlight the eyes in your photo. Touch “Remove Red Eye” feature on the screen. It’s gone!
Adjust Brightness, Contrast & Color
Change color photos to black & white or sepia in seconds.
- Start with a color photo and create a black and white print for a classic, creative look.
- Create an aged, warm look from a color photo with our Sepia feature.
Make your picture as vibrant as you remember it. Just touch the screen to adjust levels of contrast, brightness, and color. You can also get creative and change the amount a color in your photos for a very custom look.
Add Creative Borders for a Custom Creation
Choose from a wide variety of themes and styles to create:
- Custom photo pages
- Birth announcements
- Cards and invitations
- Photo gifts
Personalize Your Pictures With Text
Add a special message to your photo in just minutes. Create a unique look. You choose the style and color of the message. Add special greetings, fun captions, and important dates. Preview your creation onscreen before you print and pay.
“Don’t just look at pictures…. Relive your memories” with KODAK Picture Movie DVDs. Click here for an informative video and sample.
Order your own multi-media KODAK Picture Movie DVDs from your favorite 60 pictures, includes your choice of music from popular artists and all orders are completed almost instantly.
The KODAK Picture Movie DVD even includes special pan and zoom effects for a true movie experience. That’s all there is to it! Watch your favorite photos on TV. Ordering is super-easy and super-fast.
Why only 60 pictures? Even though the average ScanMyPhotos.com order is about 2,500 images scanned, we have found that to retain viewer interest and preserve the special impact that the most important photos represent, 60 pictures is the perfect quantity, without having your guests’ eyes begin to close.
- On The Road Again – Willie Nelson
- Pump Up the Jam – Technotronic
- Shout – The Isley Brothers
- That’s The Way I Like It – KC and The Sunshine Band
- Dancing In the Street – Martha Reeves and the Vadellous
- Everlasting Love – Carl Carlton
- I’m So Excited – The Pointer Sisters
- What I Like About You – The Romantics
- St. Elmo’s Fire – John Parr
- Ain’t No Mountain High Enough – Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terell
- Shining Star – Earth, Wind and Fire
- Walking on Sunshine – Katherine and the Waves
- Always On My Mind – Willie Nelson
- Calling All Angles – Train
- Dust in the Wind – Kansas
- Three Times a Lady – The Commodores
- Baby Love – Diana Ross and the Supremes
- I’ll Be – Edwin McCain
- My Girl – The Temptations
- Only Wanna Be With You – Hootie and the Blow Fish
HOW TO ORDER:
- Pick which service you would like:
- Choose the ScanMyPhotos.com prepaid boxes to add this new feature
- Choose the Pay-per-1,000 option where you mail in your pictures in your own box to add this new feature on the order from.
- Choose the service without any other services. Fill out this form and include it with the 60 pictures of your choice for us to scan and create your Kodak Picture Movie DVD.
- Choose the service from your existing digital files. Mail ScanMyPhotos.com up to 60 JPEG images (minimum 20) on a CD in the order you want it to appear on the KODAK Picture Movie DVD. Be sure to fill out this form to include with your order.
- Choose up to 60 pictures and place in sequence order, beginning with the first image you want to view on the KODAK Picture Movie DVD. Please make sure these 60 pictures are separated from the rest, are clearly marked to be used for the KODAK DVD and add to your box. If more than 60 are included, only the first 60 images will be used.
- Choose up to ten words (titles, descriptions, special introduction) that will be electronically embedded into the opening credit for your KODAK Picture Movie DVD.
- Choose ONE song from the list below and we will have that added as part of the multi-media DVD presentation.
- Any questions, use the ScanMyPhotos.com 24/7 Live Support help desk.